All Natural Yummy and Nutritious Pet Treats
Posted by CYNTHIA JENSEN on
If you are anything like me, the new year always brings a rededication to healthy eating and habits. And in our house, that includes the dogs. So we give up the store bought treats, and make our treats at home.
One of my favorites is a Yogurt, Banana and Peanut Butter frozen treat. Super simple - even those of you who don't cook will fine this an easy treat to make that your pups will just adore.
What you will need:
- 1 tub of Greek Yogurt Plain
- 1 Large Banana
- Peanut Butter (make sure it contains no xylitol - that's poison for dogs)
- Blender or hand mixer
- Silicon Molds (candy or ice cube trays are fine)
So here's the easy part: put all the food in the blender and blend it up. Then just pour it in the silicon molds and put it in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
It's really that simple. Smaller molds can be used for training treats (short sessions, because they will melt and become messy. Or make larger one's for just good boy and girl treats.
However you make them, you can rest assured that you are giving your dogs only fresh real ingredients that they will love.
- 32 oz tub Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Large Bandana
- 3 TBS Peanut Butter (NO xylitol)
- Put all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into silicon molds
- Put the molds in the freezer for a minimum of two hours - overnight is best.